"We used the management accountant test when reviewing two candidates during recruitment, the results of the test were very useful in understanding the comparative strengths of the two candidates. The reports were very clear and easy to understand."
James Bayly, CEO, Freedom Internet
Management Accountant Test
The Management Accountant Test is designed to assess candidates whose position will include providing management accounting support to their employer. The test assumes a level of skill and competency that would normally be held by an accountant who is a member of their professional body e.g. CPA, ACCA or similar. However the test can also be applicable to other accountants with significant work experience in management accounting.
Job titles which are likely to fit well with this test would include Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Group Accountant, Financial Controller, General Ledger Accountant, Company Accountant.
The test is applicable across any English speaking country and tests core management accounting skills without reference to individual country legislative requirements.
The test covers four core management accounting activities:
- Budgeting and Forecasting – budgeting and cash flow preparation and reporting including variances
- Organization Financial Health – analysis of management reports including ratios
- Decision Support - using analysis and accounting knowledge to assist an organization to make operating decisions
- Capital Budgeting & Capital Projects – analysis to support decisions on capital projects
The report received will enable the recruiting manager to gain insight into a candidate's skills and knowledge in each of these four activities, as well as a comparative overall score and performance against a norm group of other management accountants. You can also identify a candidate's performance in the activities most relevant to your vacant role.
- Time to complete = 30 minutes
- Number of Questions = 40
- Question Levels – Basic = 12, Intermediate = 16, Advanced = 12
- Questions per topic – Budgeting / Forecasting = 10, Financial Health Analysis = 10, Decision Support = 10, Capital Projects = 10
- Each test purchased allows you to test one candidate
When your candidate has completed the test you can use this Interpretation Video to help understand more about their test report.
- Management Accountant test + Personality profile $505
- Management Accountant test + Ability - Critical Reasoning test $380
- Management Accountant test + Personality Profile + Critical Reasoning test $685
Use the 'Additional Testing Options' menu on the top right of this page to select the bundle you need. Links for all tests are delivered immediately to your inbox.
Not sure which test is right for your candidate? Find out with our Which Test Table here
What our clients are saying
"The abilities being shown by the recruited candidate correlates with the outcome of their test, and they are progressing and delivering to expectations"
"The Accountest was an extremely useful tool which assisted in our recruitment decision. The person we engaged is at the standard we expected and is in-line with the skill rating in the test results"
"We now use these tests to assess all potential accounting staff as part of our recruitment process."
"The candidates that do well in the test certainly seem to be our better performers."
"We have found that Accountests gives us the opportunity to understand our candidates accounting ability, which no other product has done until now. It also gives us the opportunity to base further questions for the candidate around what we can see their ability is and enable us to make an informed decision."
"The tool was great and formed a good part of the pre-employment process for us."
"Hiring professionals and vetting them is one of the most challenging and subjective areas of running a business. Accountests allowed us to gauge a candidates skills so that we made more informed decision which saved us both time and money."